Position: Packaging associate
Term: Part-time, 16 hrs a week
Days/Times: Monday-Thursday, 9 am – 1 pm. Flexible schedule available after 3 months
Location: Acworth, GA
Start date: ASAP
Pay: $13 per hour, pay raises directly follow performance and duties
Travel: May include pickups from local vendors
Please note: There is an opportunity to go to a flexible work schedule after working with us for 3 months.
About us: Treleaf is a direct-to-consumer manufacturer of wooden home decor. We are known for our unique products, high quality and excellent customer service.
We are looking to add a new team member to our growing team. We are looking for someone who is passionate about making things, loves working with their hands and loves problem solving. We are a startup, with changing product lines and requirements. Adherence to safety standards, adaptability, working with little supervision, friendliness, and a positive attitude are a must for our team.
You will be working from our workshop based in Acworth (30101). The ideal candidate would be available for at 4 hours per day from Monday-Thursday. You will be in charge packing our products, keeping our workshop organized, inventory and fulfilment of packages for shipping.
- Quality control ensuring all finished products are clean and free of defects
- Put the products in the right packaging and restock shelves
- Maintain finished product inventory and communicate inventory levels with the production lead and owner
- Work alongside the production team to meet production goals
- Receive and unpack inventory from suppliers
- Light housekeeping duties to keep spaces around the workshop organized
- Fulfilment – printing shipping labels, packaging them in boxes and dropping the packages off at the post office or UPS office.
- Assist the production team with finishing tasks as required
- Assist with other office duties a required.
- Strong willingness to learn
- High level of energy, positive attitude and kindness is a prerequisite
- Strong attention to detail & exceptional organizational skills
- Ability to work quickly & efficiently while maintaining the highest quality standards
- Comfortable working in an unstructured environment
- Willingness to work as part of a collaborative team
- Self-motivated and able to work independently with minimal direction at times.
- Willingness to work off-hours (during peak seasons)
- The position requires working with your hands and be on your feet for long durations of time
- Drug and alcohol free workplace - absolutely no tolerance
- Must be legally authorized to work in the USA without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
- Opportunity to be a part of a fast-growing creative company in your area.
- You get to work with plant products.
- Free trellises for your houseplants as well as plant cuttings!
This is a great opportunity to join a small but growing team. Flat organizational structure, plenty of flexibility and room for growth.
Treleaf is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, letting us know why you would like to work at Treleaf.
The subject of your email should be JOB-PACKAGING
We will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis.